CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Beggars' Night instead of Trick or Treat?

Beggars' Night? Yeah, here they celebrate Beggar's Night on Thursday from 6-8 instead of trick-or-treating on Halloween. It is strange.....It allowed Boyce and I to go to an adult Halloween party, so I'm not going to complain. Usually I make costumes, and my days of getting the kids to dress up as a theme (Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, etc) is over, but Kenzi just wanted to wear her Sleeping Beauty dress, so I didn't argue with her. I spent the money I would've spent on costumes on decorations instead. Davin made the comment that we have never decorated for Halloween before. I had to laugh because I used to do fun things like that before I taught school full time. Our pumpkins were still pathetic (Gene & Kori you need to give us some tips). Fall is gorgeous here! The trees are bright red. Yeah, around March I'm sure I'm going to be hating life because of the cold. Happy Halloween!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is Denny. I remember that Halloween's were a little different back in Ohio land. Trick or Treat in our neighborhood was always on a Sunday afternoon regardless of when Halloween was. So, of course, we'd trick or treat then plus drive into the other county and trick or treat with the McBrides on Halloween.

Britni said...

Kenzi sure is a pretty pretty princess.

Lynita said...

Beggars night? That is wacky to say the least! I am glad that you had the chance to go to a fun Halloween party though, that sounds nice to me. I love Kenzi's princess pose, she is a natural!

Anonymous said...

6fishtales.blogspot.com is very informative. The article is very professionally written. I enjoy reading 6fishtales.blogspot.com every day.
fast loan payday