CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

I always make the kids breakfast on Valentine's Day and have a personal letter and present on the table also. When the kids were younger, I use to buy them a stuffed animal or toy, but now that they are older I do gift cards or cash. Teenagers always like cash. I keep a copy of the letters that I write them, and it has been fun to see what their interests were that year. I'm hoping that I will continue the tradition and always send them a letter every year on Valentine's Day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is Denny. I love your tradition for valentine's day. It's always been one of those "blow off" holidays for me...so we didn't really do anthing except go go-karting. And, of course, Dionne was out of town.

Britni said...

So I want to know where you guys picked up this tradition because my family definitely didn't, and it sounds great to me. The only Valentine's Day I really ever remember family related was when my dad gave me and my mom massage gift certificates as presents. That was great.

The Fischer Family said...

What a great famly Valentine's tradition! I will have to remember this one!

Anonymous said...

It sound great to me,
So I want to know where you guys picked up this tradition because my family definitely didn't.
___________________
Vince
Apply now Nation wide cash